Friday, February 4, 2011

Costume Chronicles - Episode 5 - Chicken Cutlets

As dancers, we all try to look our best when we perform. That sometimes means adding hair extensions, false eyelashes, padding to our bras, etc. However, when something goes wrong with these delicate additions, things can get very embarassing, very quickly.

I was dancing in a restaurant in one of my most favourite costumes. As a smaller busted gal, I like to add padding to my bras. I recently purchased some clear silicone inserts (which I affectionately call chicken cutlets) to boost my bossom.

I was gleefully dancing away. I came to one table where a man and woman sat. The male customer was politely watching me perform. The female customer kept trying to talk to him. He looked at her and said "Shut up, I am watching the dancer." She was suitably embarassed.

I kept dancing around the restaurant and later came back to the table. The woman motioned me towards her. I was a bit worried about what she was going to say to me considering the fact that her "date" had told her to shut up only moments previously. She said "There's something coming out from under your bra." I gasped and replied "Underboob?" and she said "No, it's something else. I'm not sure what."

So I reached a hand up, not sure what to expect, to find my lovely little chicken cutlet hanging out of the bottom of my bra! I was mortified! I did a little wiggly to try to unobtrusively get it back in my bra discreetly to no avail. Sweat covered silicone is VERY sticky. It wouldn't budge. So I delicately draped my veil over my body and made a grande entrance to the back room (thankfully my show was almos tover and the restaurant wasn't busy).

Upon inspection later, I discovered that I must have lost quite a bit of weight, because I ended up taking in my bra band about 3-4"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment