Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

Oh my god! I'm back from Vegas! And I gotta blog about it STAT before I forget all of the wonderful, fabulous, amazing, delicious fantastic things that I have been thinking about and can't wait to share with all of you!

In super cheesey fashion, I learned more than new moves and combos....I learned a lot about myself as a human being existing in this mortal coil, honoured to be a part of this phenomenon of Belly Dance and the grace of being amongst some of the most incredible instructors in the world. I will be writing a series of blog entries describing my experiences and what I learned.

Some of the highlights:
-Ariellah - hugely impacted by Ariellah. What a talent. *le sigh*
-Frank Ferrinero - like your best girlfriend rolled up into a yummy fabulous insanely talented dance package.
-That teaching is as much about creating a dialogue and connection as performing is.
-Double. Veil. Enough. Said.
-Rom Deussen - a clever and intelligent Rom woman sharing her beautiful culture and dance
-Deb Ruben - Can I say wowza?
-Ruby Beh - probably one of my favourites. Her style and movement emulate the goals and dreams I have for dance.
-Bright lights. Shiny Sparkly Things. Big accents. Big hearts.
-Incredible dance shows! OMG! *grasps heart that is pounding out of chest*

Oh god! I need to start blogging in more detail about all of these! What an amazing experience. Vegas is such a special place. Ugly by daylight, it's beauty is held in a night time spot where a gal can drink a triple while buying eye shadow (oh yes. this happened. and yes. I did come home with the wrong color.), look up and be taken away to far off destinations like France and the Bahamas, enticed by the dancing lights and taken aback by the power of constant club music and parties.

Would I live there? HELL no. But what an incredible place to visit. What an incredibly well organized and well run festival. What an incredibly delicious time. And how bizarre that  I managed to find a sense of peace standing next to a room full of whirling lights, loud club music and sad looking gogo girls? Vegas is called fabulous for a reason and I plan on sharing my experiences with you....cause I just can't let what happened in Vegas stay in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment