Sunday, November 7, 2010

Review: Ultimate Belly Dance with Sadie DVD

Get it! Get it! Get it!

If you are at an intermediate/advanced level of dancing, this DVD will take your dancing to a whole new level. This is probably one of the best DVDs that I have personally tried. It offers challenging layering techniques and muscle strengthening exercises.

I have to admitt, while in awe of Sadie's unbelievable technical ability, I always thought her performances were very robotic and did not convey a lot of heart or spirit. This DVD really changed my perception of Sadie. Her performance at the end is quite lovely and she emotes beautifully.

This DVD is also great for teachers. Sadie teaches movement in a very interesting way and provides a different perspective on how to teach layering techniques and standard core belly dance moves. The only criticism I have is that there is a stretch in the warm up where Sadie hyper extends and locks her knees, which is incredibly dangerous for dancers. Even when stretching with a straight leg, we should never lock our knees.

I give this video an A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment